Tuesday, February 21, 2006
There Are Powerlines in Our Bloodlines.
"If some messenger were to come to us with the offer that death should be overthrown, but with the one inseparable condition that birth should also cease; if the existing generation were given the chance to live forever, but on the clear understanding that never again would there be a child, or youth, or first love, never again new persons with new hopes, new ideas, new achievements; ourselves for always and never any others--could the answer be in doubt?

Alas for those who cannot sing, but die with all their music in them."


3 Comments:

Blogger hoov said...

I like your style of writing, and I enjoy reading about all this even if i am as clueless as a grandmother at a punk rock concert as to who you are writing about.

peace

Blogger Lindsey Jayne said...

Thank you so much. I don't know if you're refering to this post specifically, because I totally didn't write this one- it's a quote from a Jewish prayer book actually. I just thought it was beautiful.

Some times I think no body ever reads this. It makes me happy to find out that somebody does!

Blogger Good Ideas said...

I READ IT!!!! my precious little Lindsey! (this is Rachel - by the way - on Blake's computer)

AFRICA.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer