Monday, May 08, 2006
I Spent the Whole Day Writing This Wrong.
Exams exams... how unfun you are!

At the beginning of this school year I remember having a very heartfelt conversation about genuine knowledge, and how awful it was that everyone in college doesn't really want to know, they just want to pass. I thought that college was my chance to really search for answers to life, to read good books and learn processes and celebrate knowing.

Fuck that.

I mean, don't disregard it completely. It's very noble and very exciting to think that there might actually be simple answers to all of our complicated questions. But the thing is, why do we need the answers at all?

Somewhere along the way I picked up this notion that there was some point I am trying to reach- some certain thing that I have to learn and then life will start. Then I would be real. Sometimes I think of it as getting back to something, like at some point I would find what I lost, and sometimes I think of it as something I never had, but I know people who have, or who do.

But really, life is already, and it's as simple as that. I know how childish and silly and selfish it is for me to look at life and just say, "I want to be happy, and that's it," but if you want honesty than that's it. I want quiet, simple, fantastically exciting and excited happiness.


1 Comments:

Blogger YS said...

yeah i used to have that ideal of coming to college to learn the secret to life and happiness but got lost somewhere in the many exams and the eternal quest to just be good at what you do. now i'm asking that again.

w3rd from a random passerby who just finished school and has nothing to do :p

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer