Friday, January 27, 2006
I Do Believe It's True That There Are Roads Left in Both of Our Shoes
(and if the silence takes you then I hope that it takes me too)

I'm feeling restless kids. I need to be shaken up by something- or someone. I need less elipses- more explaination points. I had forgotten what it was like to be me- last semester I was so drained. Anemia creeps up on you- you don't even realise that you're sick because you get accustomed to fatigue. I always a surplus of energy anyway.

And now, thanks to Flintstones vitamins with iron, my frenzied fever of unrest has returned. Seriously, I could explode at any second; my blood is electric blue mercury. I have a fever, I'm burning two humdred thousand degrees and no one can smell the smoke. My emotions are intense and irrational, and I know it, and it's all I can do to keep from screaming. Happiness, anger, sadness, but mostly just unrest. Take me, I'm an all natural upper.

Tonight when I was eating dinner with some friends at a restaraunt, and the background music paused. I looked up at the TV and the news was on, and my first thought was that something horrible had happened. The sick part- I was disappointed to discover that everything was normal. It's awful, how desparate I am to be angry.

And even more, I want someone to feel this vivacity with me. I want someone to dance with me in the rain, to run in the freezing cold, to cry for the children who never get to be born, to scream at the sky. I just want to know that I'm not the only one who burns.


1 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

And then they danced down the streets like dingle doodles and I stumbled after as I've been doing all my life after the people who interest me because the only people for me are the mad ones, mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything an at the same time never yawn or say a commonplace but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candle exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue center light, pop and everything goes aww...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer