Saturday, January 21, 2006
Sometimes We Build Walls, Not to Keep People Out, But to See Who Loves Us Enough to Knock Them Down.
(the thing is, some people aren't knocking them down at all, they're just clever enough to get around them- this means you're not only exposed, but trapped.)
Why is it that I always end up in the weirdest relationships?

Maybe everyone thinks that his situation is atypical, and sure, their are idiosyncrasies in every case. But I really do think that I somehow end up with these scenarios that are too complex for a made for TV movie- too fucked up to even be stereotyped.

Actually, "fucked up," though accurate, really doesn't have the conotation I'm looking for- this post isn't going to be as negative as you're thinking, kids. I mean, I there are some cases in my life where the implications of 'fucked up" are perfectly legitimate, but the one that's on my mind at the present is more fun.

A roller coaster analogy is a little hackneyed isn't it? It is, but I'm going to use it anyway, but don't worry, this isn't your grandma's loop-de-loop. Ok, so it's like a roller coaster where you start off on the upside down part (which is a very exciting part, but, if you're looking for a healthy roller coaster, there should be a good deal of anticipation before the (no pun intended) climax). From the loop you head down into a tunnel, which has some effects that might upset Average Joe, but they don't really phase you because you've
seen some world class monsters in your day. So, while AJ over there starts to cry, you just end up really fucking pissed off. But you know, you're still having fun. There are a few more loops and a few more tunnels, and it's all good fun. The thing is, these are two-person seats, and your partner keeps switching carts (I know you can't do that in real life, stop looking too far into this ok?). Anyway, you're fine with that (it's not like you're in love with this partner), except that if someone else wants to come sit by you, they can't, because your partner could come back and want his seat. And you can't get up and move because you really like the people who are in the seats behind you and in front of you, and you actually really like your partner too, except that he keeps moving. And the thing is, you would've been fine in a seat by yourself, but all of the jumping in and out of the cart (oh, and also the fact that through out the whole ride you're sipping some sort of alcohalic beverage) is making you nausous.Regardless, it's a rollercoaster, and rollercoasters are ALWAYS worth it (that's a rule), and rollercoasters are lots of fun. Plus I was never one to scream about how I wanted off once the ride started, and this much more exciting then the ferris wheel I was on a year ago.
So that was a pretty long paragraph. I put the picture in there for those of you who can't read.

In other news, I'm a horrible person, do not let me convince you otherwise. You think I'm kiddin, but the only reason I'm warning you is because I know that I'll eventually do something really shitty to you later, and then when I hurt your feelings I'll feel guilty about it, and you have no right to make me feel guilty! I warned you. I mean, love me to death, but don't forget that I am no good.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer