Saturday, January 07, 2006
I Am Forbidden to Produce Milk. In Cyberland We Only Drink... Diet Coke. (echo)
Errr... in an intersting twist, my mother got a ticket for going 89 in a 60. Turns out my dad wasn't so mad about mine after all. See what emotion I wasted worrying over that! Oh well, it would certainly be counter productive to waste emotion worrying over the emotion I wasted in the first place.
But I'll tell you what is NOT a waste of emotion: me being pissed the hell off at the asshole who almost fucking killed me about two weeks ago. So here's the scence: I'm on my way home from my grandmother's house, three nights before Christmas. She lives out in th middle of no where, and the road that lead out to her hoouse are very windy and hilly and narrow, and there are no streetlights. It's not unusual for cars to ride in the middle of the road during the day, and even sometimes at night. Needless to say, this is pretty dangerous except the thing is, at night, you can see the cars ahead of you very far in advance- far enough in advance to get the fuck back in your lane. Unless, that is, your name is A----- and you're kind of a dumb ass. In which case you would continue to ride down the middle of the god damn road.
So, when A----- and I cross paths, I am HUGGING my side of the road. He is still close enough to knock off my driver's side mirror. It's lucky he stopped at all, and he did acknowledge that the wreck was his fault, and then wrote down his insurance information for me. Stupidly, I didn't ask for a police report, but in my defence it was very dark, my car doesn't lock, and I didn't have a cell phone with me at the time. Still, that was dumb. I should've asked him to call the police.
Long story short, he's now claiming that the wreck as not his fault at all, and even though he claims that his car was damaged almost quadruple what mine was, he wants us to just both pay for our own cars and let that be the end of it. The girl who was in the car with him backs his story. Before writing this I was feeling kind of vindictive, but actually, now that I go back and read it, I'm kind of over it.
I guess what makes me so mad is that he was so nice about it every time when we talked about it before, and then he writes me and email that says he talked to his dad, and his dad told him he's not liable for any of this. And this time he was an asshole! The thing is, I can kind of see my dad doing the same thing. Maybe. I think if I were really firm about it being my fault he wouldn't, but I can see him suggesting that it wasn't my fault. Princlples kids.
Like last year when my boyfriend and I were racing, we got pulled over. Well, technically, HE got pulled over, and I stopped too- so we BOTH got tickets, instead of just him. Almost everyone I ever told the story too was like, "You are so dumb for stopping! Of course you got a ticket too!" hello?! Don't you think that I KNEW that I was going to get a ticket too? And my boyfriend thought it was the greatest thing, but I really wanted him to understand that, not that I didn't love him, but I would have stopped for anyone! I mean, saving your own ass is one thing, but you don't leave someone behind to take the fall. You just don't.

Three cheers for honor.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer