Thursday, February 02, 2006
I had you pegged, didn't I?
"You had the whole human race pegged."
"Probably."
"I still thought you were going to save me. Even after that."

Before I say anything else, I highly recommend that you read Mr. Wujcik's latest post. You should know that I write some pretty exciting blogs as a rule, but tonight is nothing compared to his musing of today. I am impressed.

I tried to go to sleep. Really. Just didn't quite work out for me. Seriously, I got in bed at 11:30. Laid there til 2. That was silly. But I did have a very good day today, I do attribute that to last night's fantastic sleep, so I think it's over all a good idea to add some stability to my life. Keep me in check, won't you? (no, I already know that you won't. Losers.)

What made today a good day, you ask? Well, I got up and got dressed for one thing. Fixed my hair, put on makeup, and I actually had time to do it. I still took a nap though. That's probably why I can't sleep now. Any ways, it was still an overall fantastic day.

Crazy: for about 4 months after Leon and I broke up (so, til a few weeks ago), I really did not get crushes. I was attracted to some guys, and even developed some pretty crazy relations, but I never considered dating. I did not want a boyfriend, and didn't think that I could handle or even stand to have a boyfriend.


I still have doubts,

BUT I've started to get crushes again, and it's pretty damn exciting. The thing is, a lot of people get a crush and then immediately want to act on it- and encourage and expect me to do the same. That's not really how I work. I get a crush, but before my crushee has any knowledge of it at all, it could be gone. Like, one day I might be thinking about what my name would sound like if I married a guy; the next day I might decide that we're not at all compatible, or that I can do better, or something about him will just drive me up the wall, or, frequently these days, I decide that as fantastic as this guy is, I don't want to gamble his friendship on a relationship.

This said, don't attempt to speculate my dears- the boy that I write about tonight may be a phantom of my mind tomorrow. And the boy that I write about tonight happens to be particularly exciting. So much so that I would consider a relationship with him, and, get this, he's a Republican! Ridiculous right?

Maybe just hypothetically setting myself up for a hell of a lot of disagreements, Or maybe I should be more open-minded.

Either way, he's already got me thinking...


1 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

I love that movie so much... and that's one of my favorite quotes from it...


Also: storypeople.com

Or have you already been?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer