Saturday, February 04, 2006
Whatever I Said to Make You Think That Love Is the Religion of the Weak
Oh you wonderful people.

In the past couple of days I've learned how easy it is to get caught up in the high school drama. And it's still very silly and ridiculous... but it's pretty entertaining. Ultimately though, I feel untouched by it, and I need to stop participating. I'm so arbitrary about it; the truth is, there are very few people in this world who you couldn't decide to dislike. As a rule, those are the friends that cause me the most trouble: the ones that I love in spite of myself.

There are so many people to love, but the fact is, if you had a reason, you could hate most of them too. And don't say you couldn't, because you fucking could, and probably would.

Subject change. There's one girl in particular who is just a boy magnet. I mean, boy fall in love with this chick, and I can't blame them at all. She's wonderful and beautiful on all counts. Anyway, last night when I was eating with some guys and discussing this phenomenon, and the other girl that was there said something to the affect of, "It's so not fair to the rest of us. We can't all be like her."

What the fuck ever. First of all, there will always be crosses to bear. Secondly, I think one of the main things about this girl that makes boys so weak is that she's so genuine. Cliche as it is (and, you know what, cliche and passe don't really mean the same thing, and I don't care if the word cliche IS cliche, I like it), I would rather be a first rate version of me then a second rate version of her.

Another epiphany that I had this weekend is that almost all of my guy friends are looking for some dream girl, who they know will make them happy. They all have one, and chances are, I've heard about her. And, when I hear about her, something inside me thinks, "I could be her." I don't want a relationship with these guys. I don't want to be that girl. What I do want is for them to be happy. What I've realised is that the thing to do is not to be that girl, but to make them understand that they could last a lifetime without her, and still be happy.

"Heavensent" is a word for fiction. No girl should ever have to be the answer to your prayers; she's got prayers of her own.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer