Friday, March 17, 2006
Here in Our Hollow We Fuse Like a Family, But I Will Not Mourn for You.
Home home...

There's nothing like going back some place to gage how much you've changed. But I think the truth is, if you stay long enough, you'll remember yourself, and you'll realize that you're no so much changed as you thought. My life is a series of such remembrance.

I spent my first semester in college surrounded by boys. Boys, boys, boys, every time I looked around me it was nothing but boys. It seemed like for every girl friend I had I could list at least 3 guys. Which was actually okay, and fun, and wonderful really. Mostly fun, and very educational. With three sisters and a long-term boyfriend all throughout high school, last semester was the first time I really had guy-friends. I learned a lot.

It wasn't until I started hanging out with girls again that I realized how much I did, and didn't miss them. Of course there was Genevieve last semester, and she's a wonderful exception to most of the girl negatives, which is why I don't count her, or count her more, or something like that. Actually Ryan too is an exception to the general boy rules. And there will always be my sisters.


But anyway, the great thing about girls is, first of all, there's no sexual tension. That's pretty sweet. Also, girls love to tell you about their problems and genuinely want advice, which I enjoy to a certain extent. Mostly because when they do tell you their problems, you don't have to dance around the fact that they have ulterior sexual motives, because boys pretty much always do, if you ask me. Well, girls do have ulterior motives some times, and that can be pretty painful because I tend to believe that they're genuinely there for me... I've been proven wrong on that one more than once- I really hope that I've never done that to someone I loved. Anyway, there's also that girls love to listen... heh, I guess I just proved that I'm a pretty good example of that.

But, what I mean is, girls love for other people to have drama, and excitement, and they love to be involved in it. It can be disheartening when you have some sort of fantastic melodrama and all you get is a shrug or a 'want me to kill him?' or something to that effect. I don't fault guys for it, they're just not programmed to care about that sort of thing.

The bad thing is, girls will tend to take the drama thing too far, as I'm sure you all know, and sometimes you have to tell them that it's time to chill the fuck out. But, seeing as I have a pretty fantasmic group of lady friends at the moment, such reminders are pretty rare, and I'm really loving having girl friends again.

I don't think that girls care more, but I do think that they are aware of the fact that people need to be reminded that you care. They make me feel better about myself, and help me remember to show other people that I care too.

I ♥ girls.


4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey Jayne said...

I miss my wonderful Wachel!!!

A totally different plain of friendship, Rachel.

I love you more than you know.

Blogger Grace said...

Three sisters??? We have another sister???

Is she pretty? Not prettier than us, I hope...

Blogger Lindsey Jayne said...

I don't really know where I said that... I think maybe you should learn to read.

Blogger Grace said...

"With three sisters and a long-term boyfriend all throughout high school, last semester was the first time I really had guy-friends. I learned a lot."

Don't make fun of my illiteracy. It hurts. It really does.




;)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer