Thursday, March 09, 2006
So Take This Moment, Mary Jane, and Be Selfish.
Oh me...

What a trip this week has been!

Stressful... but in a good way. Moral Forum... totally worth it.

I feel like there's a lot of stuff I should write about... new friendships, old friendships, friendships that are fading fast and I just don't care the way I used to. It sounds bad, but you have no idea what a relief it is to not care. A kind of sad relief, the way you feel at the end of really hectic vacation. Like, it was wonderful and you loved it, and of course if you had the option you would probably stay for two more weeks, but at the same time, you're just ready to get back to a place where things make sense.

Things are making more and more sense every day, and it's like waking up from a weird dream, and once again relief! I think it's really because of school work, because of actually applying myself and remembering that when I do that, I'm good at this whole academic thing. I think I forgot that I'm good at things.

I'm also getting some real ideas about what I want to do with my life. I'm thinking of a double major in social work and philosophy. I want to advocate social reform. I want to help people, but on a big scale, and I'm excited about it.

Things are good.


2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Social work!??!??!? Hurray! That would be awesome!!! At the beginning of my intro class, the prof gave us a chart with all the areas social workers... erm.... work... in, and one was political reform. NOT my cup of tea, BUT, you would be so great at that!

Blogger Ryan Cooper said...

Philosophy is so much fun. Glad to hear things are lookin' up.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer