Monday, March 06, 2006
So You Plant Your Own Garden and Decorate Your Own Soul, Instead of Waiting for Someone to Bring You Flowers.
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."

- Brave New World


Some times happiness is a decision... some times sadness is too.

Today, I pick happiness. I'm finding rest in the permanence of the sky. I'm wrapping myself up in my own prayers. I'm losing myself in the immense love that I have for the world, and finding myself in the people who care back.

Hello, World? I refuse to underestimate my own worth. I refuse to be defined by someone else's love, and I refuse to pretend that things are worse than they are. I refuse to sweat it.

God, we've got it great right now kids. No work, no children, nothing to do but learn and play. If you can't be happy now, well, you're fooling yourself into thinking it's for any reason other than that you don't want to be happy. What makes you think that anyone in the world feels any less than you do? Grow up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer